Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Canada

I need some advice on recanting a statement

Asked on 3/11/20, 1:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Davidovic Law Ofc of Ronald Davidovic - 1-844-TRIALLAW

I think you would need to elaborate on your question - especially to describe if you are asking about a civil or criminal matter. Generally, if one recants a statement in connection with a criminal complaint, there is no guarantee that the complaint won't proceed and if the original statement was false or misleading, the person making the statement could potentially expose themselves to criminal prosecution for obstruction of justice. Before you make any statements which you believe will have a legal impact, it's always prudent to speak with a qualified lawyer to fully understand the consequences.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/20, 1:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Canada