Legal Question in Technology Law in India

Dear Sir,

I am a resident of Bangalore. On 1st June 2016, someone hacked into my financial account and stole critical information. I immediately registered the case with Cyber Police, who have been investigating the case ever since. They say ISP is delaying the sharing of information, hence they are unable to proceed in investigation.

First they accepted my written letter and did not suggest me to lodge an FIR. Today the officer is saying that mine is only a complaint, it is not an FIR, hence it will anyways be slow.

Please advise what is the legal recourse available to me in such a case of delay (which looks intentional).

Most importantly, if Cyber Police gives me a report stating the name of the person who has done this, what should be my next step?

Asked on 7/22/16, 1:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

1) U have to file FIR with the Police. If they detect the culprit, u do not have no role. They will file charge-sheet based on evidences.

2) Consult a local experienced relevant law expert, an able Advocate of repute with full facts.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/16, 1:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in India