Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

I have been sent a legal notice from an advocate to pay some outstanding maintenance, sinking fund, etc charges to one of my email addresses unknown even to my housing society/RWA i.e. all communications from the RWA including invoices are sent to another email of mine. The advocate who has sent the notice has used his personal ‘gmail’ email address to send the notice although the notice is on the legal firm’s letterhead. Should I be acknowledging that I have received this notice?

In addition, I do not agree with the outstanding charges, I have not been sent the details of the o/s amount even though I have asked for these previously and I am also stuck abroad due to the ongoing situation. How should I respond to this notice if I should respond?


Asked on 2/15/21, 2:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

You can respond the notice through reply option against the email from where it was sent to you.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/21, 7:06 pm
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Engage a counsel and respond asap.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/21, 10:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India