Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

I gave talaq just 10. days after marriage because I came to know she is charqter less can she still file 498a.

Asked on 11/30/13, 6:13 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

what happened to your research when the match was being fixed??? and you dump a wife on an issue which may not be true and probably based on hearsay.Anyways she can file domestic violence case against you and claim maintainance too. you may not need your wife but she surely needs to be maintained.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/13, 7:05 am
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

Talaq is a civil remedy and 498a is a criminal remedy as talaq is not on compromise she can file 498a.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/13, 1:45 am

she may file but i think you have sufficient proof of her chastity.

So not to worry but better to consult any local lawyer.

Good luck


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/03/13, 10:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India