Legal Question in Family Law in Puerto Rico

I want to change my name Legally and i want to know if the reason i want to change it is acceptable in a court? My reason is i don' want my middle name Maria because is the same name as my father sister and i want to legally change my last name gonzalez and only have my mother last name. I don't want my father last name because he wasn't there in my life and i don't want in the future if i have children to carried on the the last name gonzalez. He didn't do anything for and for i feel angry carrying this name when i can't even be proud of.

Could a judge tell me if this acceptable reason to change? I really want to change it.

Asked on 12/14/15, 3:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luis Antonio Marrero Aviles Luis Antonio Marrero Aviles

Yes, the reason is enough to get your name change. We can help with it, without to go to the court. Contact us to make an appointment and let you know, how we can help you.

Luis A. Marrero Aviles

(939) 717-9494

Read more
Answered on 12/14/15, 9:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Puerto Rico