Legal Question in Family Law in Puerto Rico

child support:leaving PR

I'm a Japanese and am going to marry a Puertorican guy who has divorced and is paying child support for his kids. Is there any problem if he marry in Japan and live there for a year or so?

Asked on 12/13/08, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Julio C. Alejandro Julio C. Alejandro Serrano Attorney at Law

Re: child support:leaving PR

He needs to continue paying child support, and unless you enter a separate economic regime for the marriage, your income and wealth may or may not be considered in recalculating the child support payments.

Read more
Answered on 12/14/08, 11:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Puerto Rico