Legal Question in Family Law in Nigeria

We are in court for an order nisi in a divorce proceedings. My wife has fled Nigeria with my child to the USA cos she is scared the court is gonna grant me custody since it already granted me access to the child. How do i get my child back? I have considered writing to the embassy and the department of states. Is this a proper step to take in this circumstance?

Asked on 12/04/18, 2:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rotimi Ogunlade Rotimi Ogunlade & Associates

I would advise that you go ahead with the Court proceedings, get your judgment and proceed to register the judgement in USA for purpose of enforcing against your wife in USA. This does not stop you from writing the US immigration and Customs Enforcement unit. For further details and clarification, feel free to contact me via email on [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/05/18, 3:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nigeria