Legal Question in Family Law in India

my husband and in-laws torturing me for my salary. After my marriage for one year i gave my salary to my husband. Our savings we kept for down payment to buy a flat. but with out my knowledge my father-in-law took that amount and started some business, which got flop later. Our house expenses are less than half of my husbands salary. but they are spending my husbands full salary. from last 5 months i'm not giving my salary which i'm saving to buy a flat. but my husband and in-laws are torturing me like hell saying bad words. not only to me they are saying bad words to my mom and my brother in front of me. what i can do? i'm not interested to give my salary to them since they are misusing it.

Asked on 6/05/13, 2:59 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

you may seek restraint orders under DV Act.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 3:14 am

dear client husband has no rights over wife's income. if they r harassing u for salary then u can file case of dowry harassment against husband and his family members. u can also file domestic violence case for their tonting and bad language. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 3:15 am
shiv shakner saini saini law

b4 taking any action just re re think, and if u need any free help/ advice, feel free to call on 09587744142

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 8:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India