Legal Question in Civil Litigation in India

If a decree is executed in my (Decree Holder) favour, thereby directing the Judgment Debtor to pay me a certain sum (the same has been already deposited by him with the concerned court) and directing me to deliver certain goods to the Judgement Debtor after receiving payment, it comes to my notice that the goods had become scrap and they have already been sold.

What is the possible outcome of this?

Asked on 1/04/18, 4:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal

First of all, you should move an application for release of payment to you in court. JD needs to put up application for the goods and you will be called for, you can submit the current status. Accordingly, court may direct you to compensate him. Though you should have redressed such facts before the judgement.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/18, 7:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in India