Legal Question in Employment Law in India


I joined a international bpo in gurgaon on 1st march and left it on 30th april without serving notice period . now i've received a legal notice from some advocate on behalf of the company asking for the recovery amount . and threaten to file a criminal and civil case against me if i fail to do so .

i want to ask there any other way i can avoid giving the amount ?

2. if no then can i negotiate the amount to be payed ?

3. if negotiation is possible them whom should i negotiate with ? the advocate who sent me the legal notice ? or the HR of that company ?

and what can happen if they file a civil case against me ?

and can a company really file a case for such amount ?

p.s - the amount that i need to pay is 9000 rs.

Asked on 10/16/13, 7:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

No case is made out against you. Send a bold reply to the notice through a lawyer. There is nothing to worry. You may also drop a detailed query at [email protected]

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 11:12 pm
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You ought to have served the prescribed notice period as mentioned in your letter of Appointment.

1. If you have still not taken another job yet, you can request the Company that you are willing to serve the notice period of 30 days in the Company.

2. You will need to pay them the basic salary for the notice period tenure you did not serve.

3. You should negotiate with the HR Department of the Company and nobody else.


Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 8:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in India