I joined a international bpo in gurgaon on 1st march and left it on 30th april without serving notice period . now i've received a legal notice from some advocate on behalf of the company asking for the recovery amount . and threaten to file a criminal and civil case against me if i fail to do so .
i want to ask
1.is there any other way i can avoid giving the amount ?
2. if no then can i negotiate the amount to be payed ?
3. if negotiation is possible them whom should i negotiate with ? the advocate who sent me the legal notice ? or the HR of that company ?
and what can happen if they file a civil case against me ?
and can a company really file a case for such amount ?
p.s - the amount that i need to pay is 9000 rs.
2 Answers from Attorneys
No case is made out against you. Send a bold reply to the notice through a lawyer. There is nothing to worry. You may also drop a detailed query at [email protected]
To know us better, please click on the links below:
Dear Sir / Madam,
You ought to have served the prescribed notice period as mentioned in your letter of Appointment.
1. If you have still not taken another job yet, you can request the Company that you are willing to serve the notice period of 30 days in the Company.
2. You will need to pay them the basic salary for the notice period tenure you did not serve.
3. You should negotiate with the HR Department of the Company and nobody else.
Related Questions & Answers
Hello F 18 I had done a promotion event for a product and it was not directly from... Asked 10/16/13, 2:04 am in India Labor and Employment Law
Pls. let me know whether the Building & other Construction Workers Welfare Cess... Asked 10/16/13, 12:04 am in India Labor and Employment Law
I am working with MNC company & got job in another MNC company during document... Asked 10/15/13, 9:33 am in India Labor and Employment Law
I work in an IT firm and have put my resignation. The HR states that as per a clause... Asked 10/14/13, 1:22 am in India Labor and Employment Law
My name is naveen kumar i am working with small company deals in secuirty... Asked 10/13/13, 2:33 am in India Labor and Employment Law