Legal Question in Social Security Law in India

Dear Sir/Madame, My name is SBD, residing in Pune, India. My parents staying in Mumbai, have been donating good amount of money in the past several years to individuals in the name of charity for hospitals, schools etc. The god-man and his organization operate out of somewhere in Uttar Pradesh. They consistently donate money in cash or buy articles used or touched by the god-man at exorbitant rates. The total amount would have reached INR 5lakh in last 4 to 5 years. All money is given in cash without any receipt. I don't want to recover this money but want to control further damage. My parents are victims and they are ignorant of this fraud and also they don't acknowledge that they are being duped. They may not agree to lodge a FIR, but I am willing to do this. My parents are not the only victims, as per my estimates there would be at-least a million such devotees/victims of fraud. What legal action can I take against them? Can the Maharashtra Prevention and Eradication of Human Sacrifice and other Inhuman, Evil and Aghori Practices and Black Magic Bill, 2013 (Ordinance No. XIV of 2013) protect my parents?

Asked on 1/03/14, 12:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

The godman is not demanding your parents are donating. This faith is blind and beyond logic. They need counselling. If you as a son cannot change their view how can any statute??. You cannot prevent a citizen from accepting donations.

Read more
Answered on 1/09/14, 7:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in India