Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

Hello Sir / Madam,

As we know that Supreme Court recently give judgement that daughters have equal birthright to inherit property whether the father should be alive as on September 9, 2005 or not.

Hence, I have a query over here that this new judgment will also overruled on Grant of Probate? For more clarification I am providing below my details:

My grandfather purchased a property in year: 1931

My grandfather wrote a will in my favor only: 1980

My grandfather died: 1983

I applied for probate: 2016

Probate granted in my Favor: 2020

Now, my sister has filed partition suit against me and she is asking for half of share in my property. Is she is eligible? Please suggest.

Asked on 9/13/20, 2:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Filing probate was wrong decision. It should not be filed. Now, all legal heirs of your grandfather have right to get share as per law.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/20, 4:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India