Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

I've been in my neice life since she was born. O.k my sister hasn't really been in her life, when she was born her mom lefted to go to see a man that she didn't even know. She meet him online my mom and myself took care of her. Didn't want to take her from her mom but, I love that little girl with all my soul. Now her mom is with a man that I think doesn't like her, he has put his hand around her neck and her mom beat her for crying and telling him to stop. She also beat her for telling me. She keeps asking me when am I gonna get her.

Asked on 6/10/11, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Tracy Southern Legal Group, P.C.

You should contact the child's local DHR office and tell them of these events,requesting a child abuse investigation, take down a report number. Follow up to insure they have properly investigated the situation to ensure the safety of the child. If they do believe the child is in danger and remove her, you can offer to be the temporary custodian of the child

Read more
Answered on 6/10/11, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama