Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

Working outside the U.S. while having Temporary Resident Status

My husband currently holds a valid EAD and is in the first two years of his Permanent Residence Status. He holds two advance parole documents to travel outside the country for family visits. However, he is being considered for employment with a company that would require him to travel outside the country. If he is unable to travel outside the country for short periods of time to complete specific jobs, he won't be hired. What would we need to do to get permission for him to travel for work purposes? Does he need to obtain Advance Parole Documents that would allow him to leave the country for work, is there some other special form he needs to complete, or is there something that his employer is required to do?

Asked on 9/04/08, 6:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson The Jacobson Law Firm, APC

Re: Working outside the U.S. while having Temporary Resident Status

Free Consultation For LawGuru Users

Please Contact Jacobson & Han LLP

To Schedule An Appointment

For An Immigration Consultation

Jacobson & Han LLP has successfully represented individuals and corporate clients in all 50 states and in dozens of countries around the world with ALL their Immigration Law needs. We will hold your hand every step of the way. If you have an immigration problem and need legal advice, or if you have any immigration related questions, you can schedule an appointment for a personal in-office or telephone consultation. To schedule an appointment for an in-depth, personal and confidential consultation with one of our attorneys, please e-mail [email protected] to schedule a mutually convenient time for a telephonic or in-person consultation.

Thank you and we look forward to meeting with you.


Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson

Attorney at Law

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/05/08, 2:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama