Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Alabama

I was named "Executor" in my mother's Will. She passed away recently. Can I sell her home without the permission or signature of my younger brother

Asked on 3/02/15, 7:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dean Stein Harville-Stein Law Offices, LLC

It depends. Does the Will specifically give you the power to sell "real property"? Now, even if the Will does give you the power, make sure you get the opinion of a title company about what they will require to issue title insurance on the sale and whether they think the Will gives you the power to sell the property.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/15, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Alabama