Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Alabama

How do I have real estate property to my name. My mother verbally left it to me as witnessed by all of my other siblings and they will affirm that this is the case.

Asked on 4/08/13, 8:21 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Butler Cynthia Vines Butler, LLC

There is too much room for error in this scenario. The best way for your mother to leave this property to you is to add your name to the deed now as a joint tenant with right of survivorship and to have a Will drawn up as well, stating the same.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 8:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Alabama