Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I have complete custody of my children. I had my father watch them so I could move and when I went to get them he didn't allow it and put a restraining order on me naming them to be protected as well. Can he do that he doesn't have any legal right to them. I never signed papers nothing. How do I get my kids back

Asked on 6/30/16, 4:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

You should really speak to an attorney. Not sure why an order of protection was issued as none of that information is provided. You can request a hearing to challenge the order. An attorney can properly advise you on the process and how to proceed. If you request a hearing, you need to be prepared to present evidence. You have provided to little information to properly and fully respond to the issue but if there was an emergency need to take custody, DCS or a court may also be involved. Are they?

Read more
Answered on 7/07/16, 9:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona