Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My fiancee's ex is being difficult on a daily basis. My main issue deals with vacation time. She refuses to let us spend any continuous time with our eight year old daughter during her summer vacation. The mediation paperwork states that each parent is allowed two weeks of vacation time. It states that he must ask 30 days before the vacation should begin. We asked for the vacation time two weeks ago and her mother said no, claiming that a summer fun program at school was more important than his time with his daughter. She also claimed she had vacation during the two weeks we asked. He then asked when her vacation was over, and she said that it didn't matter because we weren't getting her.

I'm wondering if there is anything we can do about her denying us even a small chance to have solid chunk of time with our daughter. We see her only 8 days out of the month due to weekend visitation/distance.

Is there a way we can document the mother's behavior that would be justified in a court setting? She won't be civil or cooperative. I am at a complete loss.

Asked on 6/08/12, 6:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

yes... you have several options. In order to be of assistance, we would need to review the parenting time order. If you would like to set up time to allow us to review the order and discuss this with you personally, please call Stephanie Coulter at 602 462 1004 and she can make arrangement for you to talk with me directly.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/12, 9:41 pm
Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

We can absolutely assist. Call us soon. We can either contact Mother on your behalf, or file an "Expedited" pleading with the Court in an attempt to get you some summer vacation.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 6/13/12, 8:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona