Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Last Saturday I found notes that my fiance planned on leaving the state with our son. We have been living together for 4 years. I am on the birth certIficate and he has my last name. That morning I retained a attorney and notified her. She packed that night abd left immediately. Monday morning we filled emergency orders to prevent each parent from leaving the state. The judge signed order but now she is already 2500 miles away. She is avoiding being served and will not tell me where she is. Will she have to return at some point?

Thank you. p

Asked on 5/04/14, 10:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

There are additional steps you should take in my opinion, including but not limited to filing a warrant for production (allowing police to seize child by force if necessary). Once AZ issues these orders, then we file it in state she is in. There are other methods we cn discuss in more detail, but we would want to know more detail to give you the best possible answer specific to your family law matter. We offer free 30 minute consultations if you have further questions 623-748-8973. I wish you the very best.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/14, 6:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona