Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My son is an adult who has never received any child support from his biological father. Can he sue for all the back child support he is owed?

Asked on 3/10/14, 1:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Was an Order for Child Support ever entered? IF SO, you (Mom) have the right to pursue it, although there are deadlines for doing so once the child emancipates. If it was never ordered to begin with, it may be too late. I NEED TO KNOW MORE.

In any event, the right to pursue it is always yours (moms), and not the child's.

Please come in soon. We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Paige or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 3/11/14, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona