Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I have been a stay-at-home dad and we are now divorcing. We will have joint custody, and my wife will stay in the house and pay for all expenses until our child turns 18. In the agreement, do we have to specify amounts of spousal and/or child support or can we just say she will pay all expenses until such and such date?

Asked on 4/27/20, 12:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joan Bundy Joan Bundy Law

Thank you for your question. FIrst of all, I'm not positive what "agreement" you're referring to, but you can have all kinds of different agreements. You can even do an uncontested divorce if you agree on everything that the court requires to know regarding the marital dissolution. There is no requirement for any spousal maintenance to be paid but child support is required unless there is an agreed-upon deviation (you and your wife both agree that neither will pay the other any child support). Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 4/27/20, 2:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona