Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arizona

I went to the hospital due to having contractions. I waited til they were 2-3 mins apart before I went to the hospital. I was there fr about 3 1/2 hours and my contractions were getting closer and more intense. The hospital told me that I was not in active labor since I had stayed dialated to 3 cms the entire time. I had explained to the nurse that they were more intense than my first daughter, before the epidural. They made my husband drive me home. An hour after leaving the hospital I had my baby on the way back to the hospital. I asked the nurse when I should come back and she said my contractions were going to get worse and they had to be worse for an hr before I came back. This was my second child and I explained also that the pain had extended to be in my abdomen, back and down into my hips. My contractions were about a min apart, sometimes not even that far. I have no medical background. When my baby came out, she had her cord around her neck and she was blue. My husband was able to get her breathing and drove us to the hospital from there. Can I sue the hospital for turning me away while in labor?

Asked on 1/13/16, 8:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Studnicki Studnicki Law Firm, P.C.

Generally speaking, medical malpractice cases require injuries. If you or your baby were injured, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer. Feel free to call or email.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the relevant facts and documents. I strongly encourage you to consult with a local lawyer to get legal advice and help with your specific situation at your earliest convenience. I am licensed to practice law in Arizona.

Read more
Answered on 1/13/16, 10:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arizona