Legal Question in Disability Law in Arkansas

Before my father passed away, he added myself and my brother to the deed of his house as co-owners. But when my father passed away my brother got into some trouble and signed his part of the house over to a bail bondsman with any permission from me. Is this legal, since my name and also my fathers name is on the deed, do we not have to be notified of any decisions to do with the house?

Asked on 2/22/11, 11:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chad Oldham Oldham Law Firm, PLLC

Your brother can deed his interest to a third party, but very few people would take and undivided one-third interest in a house. Difficult to force sale in order to get to what bondsman wants-money.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/11, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Arkansas