Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arkansas

I was in an accident when i was 8 months old and my parents filed a lawsuit against a company and won some money. There was a trust fund put in my dads name and my name and was told by his lawyer and the judge that the money was to only be spent for any medical bills my eyes encountered other than that, when i was 25, the rest was to be giving directly to me. I am told by my family that there is not money in this trust fund and when i ask my dad about it he just disreguards it. Is there anything i can do? I will be 25 come August, is there a way i can fight this and find out how much is suppose to be there and how much he owes to me?

Asked on 2/22/11, 8:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chad Oldham Oldham Law Firm, PLLC

Yes. Go to the probate court in the county where you were living when the settlement was entered. As for a guardianship file in your name. Contact an attorney about filing a demand for inventory and accounting.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/11, 9:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arkansas