Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arkansas

If I have a Civil Judgement against me can I buy a car and keep it? Will they come and take it? What am I allowed to do in this case?

Asked on 3/31/11, 5:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chad Oldham Oldham Law Firm, PLLC

Any equity in the car may be subject to levy and execution which means the sherriff can sell and take equity and give to creditor, subject to constitutional exemption rights or rights of exemption in bankruptcy. You can negotiate with creditor or, if eligible, file bankruptcy to get rid of civil judgment.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/11, 6:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arkansas