Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arkansas

I appealed a child support ruling to the Appellate Court of Arkansas. Ark Rules of Appellate Procedure says that the appeal can not be submitted after 7 months under any circumstances. My attorney kept me in the dark, filed several extensions, and somehow got it submitted 9 months after filing of the order. She did not argue "Points On Appeal" listed on "Notice of Appeal" and I had no idea what she had appealed until "Affirmed" by Appellate Court. She pled invalid argument that I warned her not to argue. I could have easily won. What can be done?

Asked on 3/16/11, 4:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chad Oldham Oldham Law Firm, PLLC

If you do not feel your representation was adequate or met professional standards, you may file a complaint with the Arkansas Supreme Court, Office of Professional Conduct.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/11, 4:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arkansas