Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arkansas

Gym Accident

I was injured last night in my gym when a cable on a machine broke causing a bar to hit my forehead, leaving a laceration requiring 9 stitches. What legal action can be taken against the manufacturer of the equipment?

Asked on 3/13/07, 2:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Orintas Orintas Law Firm

Re: Gym Accident

Legal action may be taken but you may want to negotiate first...

Read more
Answered on 3/13/07, 2:18 pm
Brandon Moffitt Moffitt & Phillips, PLLC

Re: Gym Accident

Although legal action against the manufacturer may be possible, your best option would be to pursue a claim against your gym.

Assuming you like your gym and would like to continue doing business there, I agree the best option may be to negotiate with them to take care of your medical expenses.

If they balk at liability, then it is possible you would have to seek legal counsel and pursue a claim against them.

As always, the outcome of every case is fact specific. You should contact a qualified attorney to discuss the issues present in your case.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/07, 2:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arkansas