Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arkansas

Personal Injury

My daughter's ankle was broken in a car accident in which we were not at fault. She is going to have to have 2 screws inserted in her ankle to correct it. If we want to sue the other party for pain and suffering, what all can we include in that? Can we include the price of a water park season pass she now can't use, new clothes because her current ones won't fit over her cast, and things like that? Also, what is the time frame to sue? Thank you.

Asked on 7/02/07, 7:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Moffitt Moffitt & Phillips, PLLC

Re: Personal Injury

Basically you can sue for your daughter's medical bills, economic damages (if she works), and non-economic damages (e.g. pain and suffering) as a result of the accident.

In Arkansas, a suit for personal injury must be brought within 3 years of the date of injury. However, I would suggest that you contact an attorney as soon as possible to guide you through the process.

If you would like to evaluate your options, please feel free to contact my office. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/07, 10:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arkansas