Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Back in October, I was rear-ended on the freeway. I went to the ER and was out of work for three days. I began seeing a doctor & physical therapist.

Question Details : I needed to switch medical provider b/c workers comp denied claim, which had me receiving no medical help for over a month. I am now seeing a doctor and therapist on a regular basis. It has been 8 months and I am still in pain and cannot sit for more than 15 minutes without pain, which makes my job difficult. I sit at a desk and I drive up to 3 hours per day to see clients. I was told not to settle until the pain is gone. I have a baby coming and I am trying to figure things out. For my type of injury, how much could I expect to settle for? Do i need to hire a lawyer & when should I settle?

Asked on 5/18/12, 2:49 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Richard T. Rosenstein, Esq. ROSENSTEIN LAW OFFICES 1-888-500-5291

We represent victims of vehicular accidents throughout California.

As such, we would be more than happy to provide you a free telephone consultation to discuss your matter.

At your convenience, give us a call toll-free.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/12, 3:05 pm

Why did you file a worker's compensation claim? If your accident happened at work then you have to file a worker's compensation claim against your employer and a third party lawsuit against the other driver. Feel free to call us 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/12, 3:19 pm
Robert Worth Robert J. Worth , Professional Law Corporation

It is always a good idea to retain an attoreney familiar with this area. You should not try to deal with the insurance claims representative direct (including NOT giving that person a recorded statement if you havn't done so already). Many claims people tend to look down on inexperienced claimants who have been injured and damaged by their insureds and make lowball offers. Before practicing law, I was in claims (including being a natioanl claims trainer for Farmers Insurance) and I understand how these various claims people think and work. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Bob Worth (818) 222-2433,

Read more
Answered on 5/18/12, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California