Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

Is an employee who has left his home and traveled to another city for work and dies in his motel room (a result of exhaustion) covered under CA work comp law?

Asked on 11/11/10, 5:41 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

If the traveling was work-related, and the cause of death stemmed from his employment activities, then this would be a workers' compensation injury as defined by the Labor Code. A death case is a very serious matter and as such, legal intervention is highly recommended.

I would be glad to answer any further questions. Please contact me at 1.877.505.INJURY.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/10, 10:01 am

Yes and the case should be filed in California because the employer seem to be from California. You may need to inquire the cause of death and this will be crucial for a worker's compensation case. Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/10, 11:31 am
Ramin Saedi Saedi Law Corporation, P.C.

If the hiring was in California and other factors are favorable, yes. It gets very complicated. Feel free to call us for a free evaluation of your potential case at 323-584-6644.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/10, 4:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California