Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

Hi my car was parked in a secure location when someone made an illegal causing two vehicles to crash into my parked car . My car is no longer driveable . I only have liability on my car. Since I wasn’t at fault the insured car that hit mine was going to pay for damages. Unfortunately they had to split the 5,000 dollar limit between both cars. They are only giving me 750 dollars . They said it should have been 2000 dollars but since the other car was newer they got more money. I have not signed an agreement and wanted to explore my options. Can I sue the other party ? What if I don’t sign the agreement ? The police reports clearly say one of the vehicles made an illegal u turn . Any information is greatly appreciated !

Asked on 4/17/20, 4:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

You may sue the person responsible for causing the accident. If his/her insurance has inadequate funds to pay, then the person can be held liable for your damages if you prevail. If that's what you choose, don't sign any agreement for payment or release of your claim.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/20, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California