Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I check my civil court case online (sued by debt coll.) regularly -recently I had a default/judgment application mailed to me - but I filed a general denial and POS after the original complaint was filed against me - both were filed correctly. At no point has there been a change to 'no scheduled hearings." As I did respond, what shall I do next? (California)

Asked on 7/25/19, 8:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

More than likely, the court clerk will see that you filed your answer/general denial and will deny the default and judgment. You might file and serve a short declaration opposing the request along with a file-stamped copy of your answer, or send the collection agency a letter with a copy of your answer.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/19, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California