Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

what can I do after I have received a request for entry of default? I have two lawsuits against me in which I never received the summons for because I had moved to a new address. I don't have the money to pay the creditors and there is no way I could afford to have my wages garnished. What can I do?

Asked on 6/30/19, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

You can try to work out a payment plan. Or, depending on whether you think the debts are overwhelming, you might qualify for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Or, if they can’t get money from you because you don’t receive wages and have no bank account and don’t think you ever will, you might risk ignoring the judgment(s).

Read more
Answered on 6/30/19, 12:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California