Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

What do credit card firms do when I can no longer pay them?

Asked on 2/01/18, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

First, they will cancel the card. Second, they will usually send a letter to the debtor offering a discount if payment is made within their time frame. If that doesn't work, then they might file a lawsuit, get a judgment, and then try to collect by putting a lien on real property, and levy bank accounts and wages.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/18, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California