Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

what actions if any do I have if I have been given a court appoint attorney who shrugs his shoulders a say I don't know to questions like ( what my options) or( what should I do next)

Asked on 12/07/15, 3:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

I'm sorry to say that your only real alternative is to retain your own lawyer. As a Former Deputy District Attorney with the County of Los Angeles, I have seen that PD's and court appointed attorneys, are over worked and don't have the time nor inclination to fight. I advise calling an experienced criminal defense firm at once. We offer free consultations so you have nothing to lose. I wish you well.....David Wallin

Read more
Answered on 12/07/15, 4:36 pm
Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Ask the court for a Marsden hearing as your attorney is not providing effective assistance from your attorney. He is not providing you with the possible options. The attorney does not make decisions for you. His duty is to provide possible defense, the elements of the crime you are accused of committing. Information on possible sentencing options.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/15, 4:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California