Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I have had a criminal charge filed against me for injuring my boyfriend in a domestic dispute. He asked not to press charges but I was notified I was charged. Is there any way he can have this case dismissed?

Asked on 7/27/16, 1:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

You really need to speak with an expert criminal defense attorney in the area you have the case. If your matter is in any area that our office practices in, you can call me for a free consultation, at 661-267-1313. Just because the victim in a domestic violence criminal charge, wants to drop the charges, is of little concern to most prosecutors. Call a highly qualified law firm, asap. I hope that helps. David Wallin

Read more
Answered on 7/27/16, 2:00 pm
Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

It's not up to him. Whether to proceed is the prosecutor's call. Your boyfriend may be able to influence her decision, but she's free to proceed no matter what he wants her to do. And there is a very real risk that something he tells her will be used against you (or him) later.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/16, 2:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California