Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

What is a man charged with if he has sex with an underage prostitute in California? Is he charged with PC Section 647(b) for prostitution or PC Section 261.5 for statutory rape or both? Or is there a different PC he is charged with?

Asked on 2/28/13, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

He would certainly be charged with 261.5. He may also be charged with 647(b). A creative DA will probably come up with a couple of other charges also.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/13, 7:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California