Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My parents are in a pending divorce, my father hasnt had a job in 3 years to support his kids. He refuses to move out and steals money and belongings from his wife and kids. what should she do?

Asked on 3/28/12, 10:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joshua Hale Hale Law Group

File the divorce immediately, and don't keep any money that he can steal in the house. What to do with the house depends on who actually owns it.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/12, 2:33 pm
Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

Until the separation (you will have to see a family law attorney to determine the date of separation) all money earned by either the husband or the wife, barring a premarital agreement is community property so it is not really theft.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/12, 9:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California