Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California

I'm so done with my wife's parents so I put a recorder in the Dining Area to find out what kind of things they are telling about me and I found out it was so bad that I don't even know where they get it and it's making me Mentally stress and it's affecting my daily life because I'm living with them. My wife don't want to live with them anymore, the reason they are staying is because on the Lease of the house it's him and my brother in law who sign the Lease contract but on the acomodation it's only me and my kids, so they are not on the Lease. My question is what kind of complain should I file legally because their statement is affecting me and I know they tell that too to other people special when there are gathering etc etc ect. I want this to stop because I'm so stress because I don't have any other family relatives here too in california they are all in the philippines.

Asked on 4/25/16, 8:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Well for starters you better not file anything based on the recording you made, because making that recording was a crime. It is against the law to record conversations in California unless everyone talking agrees to be recorded or you are the police and have a warrant.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/16, 9:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California