Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I was given a 41.27C LAMC.for drinking in public except I was a passenger in my friends vehicle. He had put some opened containers under my seat, I did not realize they were there since i had put my bag underneath the seat as well. When arriving to our destination, I had pulled my bag out being a female i was fixing my self I could say the police had police officer had pulled up to us and asked us for our I.D's. We didn't want to cause any problems so we should him our ID's. He saw the bottles and only pulled me out, didn't tell the driver to step out, did not have me take any sort of tests, just made me dump out the bottles with the seals broken, gave me the ticket which states as a misdemeanor. What can I do about this?

Asked on 10/02/09, 4:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

What do you do? You defend the charges, just like any other defendant. You're facing jail and fines if convicted. The only advice that is worth anything is for you to get legal counsel who knows how and what to do to best represent you, using whatever credible facts and evidence you may have for motions and defenses at trial, if necessary. Most cases are 'plea bargained' to avoid the risk of loss at trial and mandatory sentencing upon conviction.. The attorney's job is to get a good 'deal' you can live with. If serious about doing this rights, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/09, 2:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California