Legal Question in Elder Law in California

My husband and I have been caregivers for my elderly step father for 2 years without help. Now his daughters want us to leave even though my mother's name is on the house too and I have her power of attorney. What can I do?

Asked on 5/10/13, 10:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rosemary Meagher-Leonard Law Office of Rosemary Meagher-Leonard

There is much more information that you would need to supply in order for me to properly respond to your question. First, is your mother still living? If she is not living, then the power of attorney is no longer valid. Also, if your mother is not living, is there a reason that your mother's name is still on title? Does your step-father and mother have a trust or wills?

Is your step-father legally competent to make his own decisions? Is your step-father's daughter the agent or attorney in fact under your step-father's fiancial power of attorney or advance health directive?

I would highly recommend that you meet with an elder law attorney to discuss your situation..

Read more
Answered on 5/11/13, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California