Legal Question in Elder Law in California

If I am sick & incapacitated, can my only adult child make health & financial decisions regarding me if there is no Living Trust or will? I live in California.

Asked on 6/26/19, 1:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

You can add your child to your bank accounts or use a Power of Attorney for financial decisions. There is a statutory short form you can get of the internet. You also want a Health Care Directive so that it is clear your child has authority to make health care decisions if you are incapacitated and unable to state your wishes.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/19, 3:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California