Legal Question in Entertainment Law in California

I have a members only swingers lifestyle group targeting younger adults. The size pf the group is expanding rapidly. 1Month Currently 150members. Couples. How can I become a business or legal? Whats my best option Do I open a bar? Or a hookah bar and close it on certain days for private events? Keeping in mind if its ok due to the zoning. L.A. county Guaranteed if all goes well we will need a lawyer we can trust

Asked on 3/28/15, 1:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

Most likely, you have several options. There may be several ways to organize your group. I am not sure if you have to open a bar to accomplish your goals. I do not think it would be worth opening a bar for only 150 people. There should not be a problem closing your bar or any bar for a private party. Obviously, as long as nothing your club does breaks any laws you should be fine.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/15, 9:50 am
Keith E. Cooper Keith E. Cooper, Esq.

Your question really can't be answered in a public forum like this. Your situation is fact-specific and you need to talk to a local business attorney knowledgeable about ordinances in your area. Do this before you proceed further. Not having an attorney advise you before you begin, so you avoid mistakes, can be much more costly than the price of a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/15, 1:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in California