Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am the paternal father of two boys. On march 3 their mother took them from our home while I was at work. They have not been back home nor has my children been in school since. I do not know where they are or if they are ok. In California a parent cant kidnap his or her own child but can this be a violation of California p.c. 278.5? I tried to file a missing persons report but was denied then harassed by SDdeputy..whart are my options here??

Asked on 3/19/16, 1:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Contact the District Attorney's office and ask help in locating her. If the district attorney's office is does not help, then contact an attorney for help.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/16, 4:46 pm
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

You have a right to file a police report based upon a child anduction by the other parent. You probably have seen Amber alerts in situations where parents have absconded with a child.

Immediately contact an experienced family law attorney to file an ex parte request to have the children returned to your custodial care. If the judge grants orders to place the children in your custodial care, the district attorney and police will follow those directives.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/16, 8:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California