Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have physical custody of my daughter and am moving a lot closer to her father. Our parenting plan says I have to notify him within 24 hours of a change of address but he says I have to give him 30 days notice and send a written notice to his lawyer. What are the proper steps for notifying him of the relocation.

Asked on 7/15/13, 6:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Waters Joseph Patrick Waters, Esq.

When in doubt, follow what the latest order says. If the order doesn't say you have to give the other party 30 days notice, you don't. You can always provide extra notice if you want. Bottom line: do everything you can to comply with the Court's order.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 10:05 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

You must comply with the courts order. If you wish to give extra time you can, but you have yo comply with the courts order.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 11:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California