Legal Question in Family Law in California

Can the primary care giver of child move out of state if there's a court order for the other parent to pick up child on certain weekends even though they have been absent from doing so for the last 4-5 months?

Asked on 7/03/16, 8:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

You are on the brink of dealing with one of the more complicated areas of family law called a "move away" case. You should go to court immediately and ask that the court prevent the children from relocating until you have a chance to deal with the custody and visitation issues affecting the relocation. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to assist you on this matter.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/16, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California