Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have sole physical custody of grandson. Mother has 1 month visitation each summer, she lives in another state. Last visit she refused to send him home, I flew out & got him. Afraid she will do the same this year. What can I do?

Asked on 6/01/21, 8:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

There is not much you can do prospectively, other than warn her that if she violates the order again, you will go back to court and ask to have her charged with contempt of the court order and have her visitation revoked. If she keeps him anyway, file a parental kidnapping charge.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/21, 5:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California