Legal Question in Family Law in California

My stepdaughter left her mothers house due to abuse. She has asked to live with me and her brother. What can I do?

Asked on 12/05/18, 12:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Miller Law Office of James L. Miller

The facts you give are minimal but I do note you say, stepdaughter. Where is her father? If the child is not being taken care of you can Petition for Guardianship and if granted the child would live with you with possible visitation times with her mother.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/18, 11:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California