Legal Question in Family Law in California

If my wife had a baby with another man and were still married would the other man still have to pay chilled support? Or would the system make me take care of the kid

Asked on 7/26/16, 6:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

The husband is the presumed father of a child born during the marriage. You can request a dna test to determine if you are the father. You have two years from the date of birth to contest fatherhood.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/16, 10:50 am
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

More factual information is needed to better understand your circumstances. Were you and your wife together or separated at the time the child was conceived? Has the other person held themselves out as being the biological father? Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to better assess your situation.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/16, 5:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California