Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I received an Order to appear or produce documents. I dont know the person named in the suit. Nor do I want to attend.

Asked on 2/15/21, 8:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

I would suggest that you telephone the attorney whose name appears on the subpoena/notice and explain this to them. See what they say. Perhaps follow up with a letter. You might also send a declaration signed under penalty of perjury stating that you do not have -- and never have had -- any responsive documents as you have no idea who that person is. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 2/15/21, 8:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California